Sunday, October 21, 2012

War Eagle seemed smaller this year

Autumn in the Ozarks--a scenic setting by a rustic mill--yep, must be War Eagle!

Attending the War Eagle Fall Fair is a long tradition for my family, with my father's home located nearby and many friends exhibiting their work at the show.

I remember when there were at least six tents "over the bridge" on the hilltop overlooking the mill; this year, they were down to four. I had heard the overall quality was down, but I can't agree. It may have been smaller, but what I saw looked good.

I made a point of shopping with my "regulars," or at least stopping by to see what's new.

I plan to profile several War Eagle artists in future posts: Marianne Hanson, who makes wonderful porcelain jewelry; Joe Henderson, of Willow Brook Leather; Jeff and Judy Goodwyn, of Daaman Jewelry; and the "personality-plus" birds of Rick Lorenz.
Here's the old War Eagle Mill (where they still grind grain) and the bridge over the creek. Artist tents are on the other side.
This post was updated 10/24/2012.
PHOTO: I took this photo with my iPhone at the War Eagle Fall Fair on 10/21/2012, south of the bridge and mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment